Where to find job descriptions for ministry

I was working from home yesterday before attending the funeral of a friend and co-worker. I was working at our dining room table across from my sweet wife, Barbara, when I got the following RightNow (our online help system) question from a pastor:
I am trying to find sample job descriptions for paid staff in a small to medium SBC church (e.g. Pastor, Youth Minister, Church Secretary, Financial Secretary, Minister of Music, Instrumentalist, Sound Technician, etc.)
I figure if one person asks, it must be on other people's minds as well. Here's what I posted for him:

First, I suggest you get a copy of Career Crossover: Leaving the Marketplace for Ministry, by Tom Harper. It has some of the best job descriptions I've seen as a part of the Appendixes starting on page 144. These are better than any I have seen online. I have a sample of the book posted in our LifeWay online catalog.

If you're looking for a site where churches have shared their job descriptions, our friends over at ChurchStaffing posted a bunch here. They have 200+ job descriptions for you free of charge.

As far as unpaid ministry positions, these articles on lifeway.com are very helpful and practical.
The final source is from Arkansas Baptist Convention, Church Committees & Officers Job Descriptions. These include 21 job descriptions are available to download with permission to print for your church’s use.

Please feel free to post other online sources you know of in the comments area below...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi

I like this post very much. It help me to solve some my work under my director’s requirements.

Apart from that, below article also is the same meaning

Job descriptions samples

Tks again and nice keep posting
Rgs

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Anoint the Sick with Oil Today?

How to do a group brainstorming session

Preaching through the Bible in a Year - 2 Plans!