The following is the set of instructions we give to our staff.
We are using a 360° evaluation process again this year. The process includes your immediate supervisor, yourself, and a combination of laypersons and colleagues.
- Create your review sheet using the Senior Pastor’s review as a guide (You may download my review as a sample). The review will include three sections to rate task performance (evaluation based on staff member’s job description), relationship performance, and team performance.
- Use a five-point scale.
4 – Excellent (Great!)
3 – Good (Yes!)
2 – Satisfactory (OK)
1 – Needs Improvement (I’m just sayin’)
0 – Unsatisfactory (No!)
- Select and distribute to the following types of people for evaluation:
- A combination of five colleagues/peers or laypersons
- One evaluation for you to evaluate yourself
- One evaluation for your direct supervisor to evaluate you
Inform Craig Webb and Faye Miller by e-mail who your feedback persons are.
- Code each form (top right corner) to indicate the following:
- “S” - Supervisor
- “C” - Colleague
- “L” - Lay Leader
- “Y” - Yourself
- Distribute to everyone evaluating you in an envelope marked to go to Faye Miller.
- Reviews should be returned to Faye by Thursday, September 29.
How about you? Does your church have a staff review process?