He then offers five ways to deal with a church resistant to change:
- Properly assess the church’s attitude toward change.
- Honestly evaluate your own motivation in suggesting change.
- Practice good change agent principles.
- Educate yourself in the skills of a good change agent by attending conferences and reading appropriate resources.
- Remember that your role in the change God wants to bring in the church you pastor may be that of starting a change process that someone else completes.
This is the fourth in a series of five articles dealing with the top five causes of forced terminations as identified in the 2006 Forced Termination survey.
You may access the first three articles here ...