Dan Garland, our Director of Pastoral Ministries and Church Consulting says, "raising expectations begins by clearly communicating the expectations associated with the discipleship process of your church." He suggests the following:
- Begin by developing a clear, easily explained, and communicated mission / purpose statement.
- Communicate this mission statement to all the membership.
- Develop a membership class for all new members.
Dan has written two very practical articles to help you get yours started
- How to Raise Expectations through a Membership Class to help you know how to do this.
- And, an article with Three Sample Formats for Your Membership Class.